With over 800 “likes” on the Counterrevolutionary and Royal Army of America’s Facebook page, I would like to express my enthusiastic appreciation. I launched this concept several years ago to see what kind of response I would get. Building support has been slow going, indeed. In addition to expressing my appreciation, I feel it necessary to discuss next steps and, in doing so, to clarify further just what is the “Counterrevolutionary and Royal Army of America.”
The CRAA is primarily a spiritual, contemplative program associated with my over-arching initiative, Le Royaume. Looking through the Mission page of Le Royaume, one will note that the CRAA is third in the “Seek the Kingdom, Love the Kingdom, Defend the Kingdom” program description. After “Seeking first the Kingdom” through True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin in Eucharistic adoration, we then “love the Kingdom” through devotion to Ste. Jehanne d’Arc and Ste. Thérèse de Lisieux. The CRAA, then, is all about “defending the Kingdom” which is foremost in our hearts as Christ explained that His Kingdom is not of this world. Therefore, defending the Kingdom can mean nothing less than preserving sanctifying grace in our souls through God’s grace. The CRAA Mission statement intends this precisely and reads as follows:
“The mission of the Counterrevolutionary and Royal Army of America is to aid souls in persevering in sanctifying grace by inspiring in them, using the Traditional French Catholic experience as a guide, a contemplative counterrevolutionary Catholic worldview which will consequentially influence through them the restoration of Christendom in social, cultural, and political affairs.
The CRAA seeks peaceful change in the temporal realm through the free acts of converted people living a life of sanctifying grace.”
We must defend our souls from all impurity and every threat to grace. From a position of sanctifying grace, we go forth to conquer the world through the living flame of Love in the Holy Spirit. We should seek the conversion of the world, and through that conversion, peacefully seek to change the evil social, economic, and cultural structures of the world. We seek “peaceful change through the free acts of converted people.” In the end, we see the Catholic Monarchy as a natural outcome, not a forced one, and the most optimal form of government to protect and build a sanctified society.
The order is important here: we seek our own sanctification and through that the conversion of others. The Monarchy, then, is the natural outcome of the free acts of converted people living a life of sanctifying grace. In other words, the CRAA is not primarily a temporal, reactionary, political organization. It is a deeply spiritual organization whose primary work is that of sanctification and evangelizing for the Church. It is an important leg supporting the “Seek the Kingdom, Love the Kingdom, Defend the Kingdom” foundation for sanctification of individuals and society at large. The Counterrevolutionary is primarily a slave to the Blessed Virgin Mary and consecrated to the mission of Ste. Jehanne and Ste. Thérèse to save souls. The salvation of souls is the primary mission of the Church and is therefore ours. We are Counterrevolutionaries because we seek, love, and defend our Kingdom, not because we are against someone else’s. Le Royaume’s three programs work together on the individual and through the individual on the world at large.
The points above are very important for anyone interested in my work. I do not seek followers, only interested fellow travelers. I am not a political activist. I am a contemplative in the world, seeking to change the world through the Immaculate Heart of Mary and in joyful friendship with Ste. Jehanne and Ste. Thérèse. I seek to live daily the Our Father by praying for, and working for, the Kingdom “on earth as it is in Heaven.”
With that in mind I offer the following points for consideration:
- The CRAA, as described on the CRAA website, is devoted to the restoration of the Légitimiste French Monarchy and the Renaissance of Catholic France. The CRAA even proposes that an American Monarch be tied by blood to the Capetian dynasty through a cadet branch. This is a spiritual proposition. The CRAA sees a mystical relationship between France and the Blessed Virgin Mary with Jesus Christ as King of France. This mystical relationship is revealed through the mission of Ste. Jehanne d’Arc and is demonstrated historically through France’s development as the Eldest Daughter of the Church. It is grounded in the apostolic age through the mission of St. Mary Magdalene to the shores of southern France after the outbreak of persecution in Jerusalem. France essentially is Ste. Jehanne d’Arc and ultimately the heritage of St. Mary Magdalene. Le Royaume, being devoted to Catholic France, draws on that spiritual heritage.
- As others may have Monarchical views not so narrowly defined as those above, they may simply seek to partner with the CRAA on a federated basis. For those who seek more political activism and who have different cultural devotions, such as to the Holy Roman Empire, the German Monarchy, the Spanish Monarchy…etc. we might seek an umbrella federation to tie us together while leaving each free to pursue the work of evangelization according to our cultural and spiritual proclivity.
- Beyond the spiritual and theoretical work, the CRAA seeks to bring about the realization of a Catholic Monarchy in the United States through evangelization, information-sharing, and Monarchical apologetics. We seek to persistently present to the world a Monarchical option. We offer. We teach. We answer questions. We do not force. In this way the CRAA is ready to support peaceful activism in the temporal realm.
- One of the greatest needs to be addressed by a federation of Monarchical groups is that of intellectual capital. If we are to offer, teach, and answer questions, we need a centralized data-base of resource materials and even those who might take on the job of developing apologetics regarding the Monarchy.
- In summary, I see three categories of “needs” for which our federation requires “laborers in the fields”:
- Contemplatives to develop the spiritual works of the Catholic Monarchy.
- Activists who are capable at organizing, fund-raising, and Public Relations.
- Apologists who will develop material for the federation to leverage in responding to objections.
I see our next steps as developing the three competencies above in addition to forming the federation which will bind us in goodwill toward our work of evangelizing the world where the free acts of converted people will restore the Monarchies of Christendom and establish a Catholic Monarchy for the United States.
May the Virgin Mary with Ste. Jehanne and Ste. Thérèse pray for our success and journey with us as ever faithful advocates and patrons!
Vive le Royaume de Jésus Christ! Vive le Royaume de France Catholique! Vive le Royaume d’Amérique Catholic!